Saturday, June 18, 2005

Dah habis dah......

Finished my clinical attachment for the 3rd year med course yesterday. Had an OSCE (practical exam) before all if us on the firm were given our grades. The OSCE went okay, I wouldn't say I did VERY well, in fact, some of the things I did were tepuk-dahi-coz-it-was-so-silly kind of things. I couldn't finish the data interpretation station, coz they sort of messed up the timing (it was an informal assessment, after all), and thus I lost quite a few marks for that station.

Sat down with the consultant at the end of it. Had a one-to-one session. Alhamdulillah, despite messing up a few things during the OSCE, it didn't affect my overall grade. In fact, to my surprise, the consultant gave me a merit. I stared at him for about 5 seconds, and he asked me if it was okay. I sort of gave a confused look and mutely nodded.

You see, we were told that out of the 8 students on the firm, they were instructed to give only 10% out of the number merits. Out of the 8, there were 2 Graduate Entry Programme students, who were spectacular (one of them had the ability to make the rest of us feel inadequate most of the time), and the other 3 ppl from my half of the firm were no less impressive (compared to them, I'm quite a lazy slacker).

The consultant said that I was enthusiastic and thus the merit. Hmmmmm....

I won't pretend to feel nor think that I was the most deserving of them all (one other person also got it), but since things turn out this way, I say "Alhamdulillah". God has been very good to me.

Right, firms have finished. Starting oncology lectures next week for 2 weeks, then 1 week study break, and then exams (yikes!!). But after that, I'll be going home!!!

Oh yeah, SSM essay to finish. My resolution is to finish at least 80% of it this weekend, insyaAllah. The reason why I'm stating this is to that I WOULD do it, since it would be quite embarassing for me to report that I didn't do it finally, wouldn't it?

Roger and out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats!

and more congrats!

:)

Hani Izhar said...

Thanks so much!! =)