Monday, June 06, 2005

Baby Blues part 2

Seems like I've lots to write about this weekend. That can only mean one thing : I have loads of work to do, and thus trying to avoid doing them by devoting my time on other things e.g. watching movies, online shopping, playing games, blogging etc....

Anyway, baby updates. I'm happy to report that Azureen Sofia bt. Onny Iriawan has grown significantly; horizontally and vertically (esp her cheeks), so my parents said. The wonders of mother's milk. She's more often awake than asleep nowadays, and chooses to socialize with her mother at odd hours; between 12 - 3 am, which is quite hard on my sister since she's already started working again. And so the very sociable person would be surrendered to her grandparents, who more than welcome the intrusion.

And so my parents' lives revolve around the baby. I'm sure my dad's golfing partner has had to find another companion (as my sister puts it) and my mom undoubtedly postpones marking her students' books more than ever.

I got a phone call from Abah yesterday and it went more or less like this :

Abah : Hello sayang, buat apa tu?


Me : Oh, nothing much, just trying to study.....

Abah : Is everything okay with you?


Me : Yup, just fine....

Abah : That's good. Abah tengah dukung Azureen ni....she's SO cute, dah montel dah....


Me : Ooooo....yeke....?


(Sounds of my father interacting with Azureen in the background...goes on for about a minute..)

Abah : Ok, mak nak cakap, I'll pass the phone to her
(More background sounds of interaction with baby)


Mak : Hello sweetie, how's everything with you?

Me : I'm fine, trying to revise for exams..


Mak : Oooo....all the best to you. Make sure you eat properly and take your vitamins. Anyway, Azureen baru habis mandi ni....she's so cute...

(More interaction....could hear my parents calling Azureen by her name several times and the baby responding by cooing).


Mak : Do you want to listen to her? Kejap ye...

(Could hear Azureen's voice clearly over the phone. If she wanted to tell me something like "Mak Ngah, I need a diaper change", it was a futile effort coz I don't understand baby language. Me, on the other hand, was unsure if I was just supposed to listen to her or say something like "Don't keep your mother awake at odd hours. I'll buy you huge toys when I get back")


After a minute or so....

Mak : Okla sayang, tak mau lama2 sangat...you take care of yourself okay, we'll see you in 6 weeks' time...Love you...


Me : I love you too...

At the end of the phone call I got a bit confused. Now, was that a conversation with Azhani Akmar, or Azureen Sofia?

Not that I mind, of course....It is quite amusing. And so nowadays my conversations with my parents are peppered with reports of the baby's progress. When I go home this summer, she will be at the age where she's very friendly with everyone. Can't wait to go home!!

But I'd have to get through exams first. Bummer.

No comments: