Saturday, May 14, 2005

Lucky, lucky me

Yesterday, there was this 'Breastfeeding Awareness' thing that went on at the hospital cafeteria (I think it went on for a whole week but i noticed it only yesterday). I stopped by at the booth because there were free pens given out and I was desperate for one that I can use around the hospital (I lose pens during clinicals like nobody's business so I always carry with me the ones I won't be upset with if lost).

Anyway, apart from the free pens it was a golden opportunity for me to enquire something regarding feeding babies. My mom, the ever-anxious grandma asked me if babies can be given water (don't know why she trusts this setengah tiang medical student instead of proper doctors back home). So I said that I'd find out. And the ppl at the booth were quite the ones to ask. And they asked me if I wanted to enter a quiz abt breastfeeding. And so I did (coz I didn't want it to be so obvious I was there only for the freebie; and the question, of course).

Well, guess what? I got a phone call this morning to inform me that I was one of 3 ppl who won the quiz! I get a 3-pound voucher! That sorts out one lunch at the hospital restaurant. Never actually won anything like this before. Well, apart from the crossword puzzle my friends and I did for one of the English mags back in secondary school (Oookay, that sounds positively geeky). The point is, I actually won something! I'm sure they pick the winners by pulling them out from a box or something. That means that my luck is turning for the better!

Hmmm...I wonder if I should consider the national lottery....or one of those prize draws people always have...

No comments: