Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Countdown : Four (and a half) days to go..

It's Wednesday afternoon, approximately four and a half days to go before exams (I'm too lazy to work out the details, i.e. number of hours and minutes and seconds, my math's atrocious these days..).

Revision's going slow....I have this tendency to cross-reference almost everything I read, opening books and stuff (which is not very ideal at this stage), but my brain absolutely refuses to remember anything it doesn't understand (it used to be more obedient before). It's good in a way though, after three years in medical school I finally understand the mechanisms of lipid metabolism and bilirubin synthesis (hehe a bit of a confession there...*sheepish grin*).

Oh well.....

Almost everyone in my year is stressed. Whenever I bump into any of them, he/she would tell me "Omigod! I can't remember anything! I've only gone through the lecture notes three times, and I'm SO gonna fail this exam!"

My reaction? "Well buddy, you've done revision THREE times; I'm barely covering it the first time, and you're telling ME you are gonna fail??"

Hah. Well, at least THAT'S what I would like to say. But I don't, obviously.

For the past week I've been locking myself in my room, going out only when necessary, to avoid people as mentioned above. Am not one of those people who can function very well when stressed, let alone study, and so I separate myself from the civilization as much as possible to prevent contact with external stress factors. I like to keep my cool, thank you very much.

Having the EMQ (extended matching question) exam on Monday, Data Interpretation on Tuesday, short OSCE stations on Wednesday and the long OSCE stations on Friday. After 10.30 a.m. on Friday next week I'll be free!!

I hope the exam will be okay for me. God, give me strength.

After the exams, have to pack in a frenzy! Will have to clear all my belongings, and put them for storage by Sunday morning. Flight back to Malaysia is at 10 p.m Sunday, will touch down on Malaysian soil by 5.30 p.m. Monday, insyaAllah.

Can't wait to go home....

But, in the meantime, I shall have to persevere and try to revise as much as I can, and so this site will be on hiatus until I'm back in Malaysia.

Ciao!

p/s :
Thanks so much for the comments about the new layout. The credit, however, goes to Silent Whimpers, the creator of this awesome skin (you can check out her designs at blogskins.com). However, don't you DARE use THIS skin!

Kidding. Do what you like. I'm not one of those people who's very bothered abt these things. Who am I to say, anyway, since it's not my creation in the first place...

Taaa!

No comments: