Thursday, July 28, 2005

Azureen's song...

Whenever Azureen cries, I'd pick her up and sing her this song : "Under the Bamboo Tree" from Meet Me in St Louis. I know, it's not exactly the most imaginative song you can sing to a child to soothe her or to get her to sleep, but the first time I sang that song it was the only one that came to my mind. And it seemed to work. And since it does, I don't see why I shouldn't continue singing it.....

::Under the Bamboo Tree::

Down in the jungle lived a maid
Of royal blood though dusky shade
A marked impression once she made
Upon a Zulu, from Matabooloo

And every morning he would be
Down underneath the bamboo tree
Awaiting there his love to see
And then to her he'd sing
(To her he'd sing...)

If you like-a me
Like I like-a you
And we like-a both the same
I like to say, this very day
I like to change your name
'Cause I love-a you
And love-a you true
And if you-a love-a me
One live as two
Two live as one
Under the bamboo tree

It's a little silly, but she seems to like it, so, what the heck....

No comments: