Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Tag ver. 3.0 - this time it's for charity

Yes, another tag. But this time it’s for a good cause. Found out about it from Kit.

The rule is:

If you are tagged, you need to write an entry related to the meme. At the end of your entry you just need to tag as many person as you like. You will then leave a comment in their blog to let them know they have been tagged. And to include this message, "By doing this meme you are contributing rm127 to the Darul Izzah Orphanage".

For more info please go to http://bakpo.blogspot.com/ . The author of the blog (Mr. Idham) will contribute RM127 on the behalf of every person who does the meme.

I won't be tagging anyone in particular for this one, I feel that I should give you the choice to do it or otherwise. If you decide to do this, please remember to do it by 26th August 2007, and leave a msg on Mr. Idham's blog to let him know you've done it. (**Edit : the dateline has been moved forwards to the end of July. So if you wish to join in do it before that date)

It doesn't take too long, we've all done longer surveys / questionnaires / memes. So why not join in?

Here’s mine:

*******************

1) A person is only as good as how he treats other people

2) Friendship is always important when two people decide to spend the rest of their lives together.

3) To love is to open yourself to the other person, wholly, although it leaves you very vulnerable.

4) Money makes me - actually, it doesn’t make me feel anything. I try to live within my means. As long as I have enough, I’m happy

5) I miss the times when we (family) go on trips. Just us.

6) My way of saying I care is by fussing over people, doing things for them. I’ve lately learned to say “I love you”

7) I try to spread love and happiness by smiling at people, even strangers (no, not the ‘come hither’ kind of smile, the friendly kind). The human touch is also very powerful. I do this especially to patients.

8) Pick the flowers when you can, and give them to another to brighten up their day

9) To love someone is to accept him/her as he/she is. Never be blind to faults, but sometimes it helps to close one eye.

10) Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I believe this strongly.

11) When I was thirteen, what I remember the most was getting my first ever letter from an unknown boy from another school. It really scared the heck out of me! (Takut mak marah…but when I told her, she just laughed and told me to keep it. It really changed the way I looked at my mom..from then on I realized that she was also my friend, not just my mom)

12) When I was twenty-one, I remember not being able to vote because I was overseas. (Hahahah!)

13) I am most happy when I’m surrounded by family. Or with him.

14) Nothing makes me happier than when I feel I’m needed. Sounds strange, huh? I didn’t realize it before. But it’s true.

15) If I can change one thing, I will change – actually, I don’t want to change anything. Even the bad. I’m sure things happen for a reason, and I can only pray that we have the strength to overcome those obstacles, and emerge stronger at the end of those trials.

16) If smiles were the cure to all worries then I would offer it to everyone

17) Wouldn’t it be nice if we could settle all conflicts by talking through them. Then there won’t be needless killings and suffering in the world.

18) If you want to get things done your way then you have to do them yourself

19) Money is not everything but having enough takes your worries away. If you have a bit more then you can share the joy.

20) The most touching moments I have experienced is Azureen (my niece) getting up from her playthings and tried to rub my back when I muttered having ‘sakit belakang’. Having a 2 year-old rubbing your back isn’t very effective, but I was touched by the gesture nonetheless.

21) I smile whenever I think of Azureen.

22) When I am happy, I smile and laugh a lot.

23) If only I don’t have to pack all my things to ship back to Malaysia, then I’d enjoy my last few weeks in London more.

24) The best thing I did yesterday was talk to a lonely elderly lady.

25) If I ever write a book, I will give it this title, “Never lose your sense of humour. No matter what.”

26) One thing I must do before I die is hmmm..I have to think about this one.

27) Doing this meme, I feel like I’m contributing to a bigger cause. Kudos to Mr. Idham for coming up with this! (And may Allah bless you for what you’re doing)

2 comments:

Kit Pryde said...

hani dear, thanks for doing the tag. :)

don't forget to leave a comment on idham's blog so he'll count yours as well.

love you!

Unknown said...

hani izhar...:)

thank u for a wonderful entry on the tag....i read ur responces...found them so meaningful to my own life too...:)
thanks for sharing...

love and agreed every single one of them!

sounds like u have a wonderful mom indeed....!

one who cares for a lonely old lady....is one who has a heart of gold within her....

best wishes...and thanks again.

idham