Thursday, March 23, 2006

Tagged!! (yet again..)

Hello kids! (I know, I know, most of you people are old enough to be mak and bapak orang, but don't be offended...just humour me okay?)

Post-Human Development exam, I am still alive. How did it go? I have no idea. It was one of those strange papers where they asked the most trivial things. Just hope I did okay.

Neways, having 1 week of lectures now...kinda boring to be honest - with all due respect to the lecturers of course...it's just that ENT is not my thing. Snotty noses and waxy ears. If you're a medical student / junior doctor, and you're deciding on which area you want to specialize in, I've been told that you're supposed to choose something that doesn't gross you out. Yes people, it's not merely blood we have to deal with. There are other bodily secretions and a few other bits and pieces. For example, if you're comfortable looking at patients' sputum pots, then you can consider respiratory medicine. If you can look up people's as*es and still maintain your dignity, hey, we'll make a colorectal surgeon out of you!

Oookay, I'm sure most of you are put off already. So we'll move along swiftly. Sorry folks, if you mix around people in the medical profession long enough you'd notice that they'll bring their work wherever they go; at the dinner table, family gatherings, in conversations with random strangers. As long as there's an audience. It's just that we tend to think that other people are just as enthusiastic about the topic as we are, no matter how disgusting. These last 4 years, I've learned that no one in my family can stand the descriptions of the gory side of medicine, nor are they interested in it. So I've decided to keep my enthusiasm to myself.

Sheesh, it's like I'm having verbal diarrhoea or something (not exactly verbal la, since I'm typing them down). Neways, as the title suggested, I've been tagged! Kit's the culprit. So here goes....

Tag : 4 Things

4 jobs
1) Mak's secretary
2) Everyone's driver
3) Everyone's errand-girl (or woman, whatever)
4) Azureen's photographer

4 movies I love
1) Meet Me in St Louis
2) Lord of the Rings Trilogy (I don't care..this counts as one)
3) Robin Hood : Men in Tights
4) P. Ramlee's Bujang Lapok Series and Sarjan Hassan (I don't care!! They count as one as well!!)
**This goes to prove that doctors can't count..

4 places I've lived
1) Terengganu (I was born there...don't remember much for obvious reasons)
2) Klang, Selangor
3) Sabah
4) A private halls of residence down the road. In my 2nd year

4 tv shows I love to watch
**I hate it when they ask this question. It's assumed that EVERYONE owns and watches tv. I don't have a tv here..only watch tv when I got back to Msia. But to answer the question:
1) Whose Line is it Anyway
2) CSI
3) CSI : Miami
4) Lonely Planet. When it's Ian Wright

4 places I've been on vacation
1) United States of America (California, Florida)
2) Australia
3) Egypt
4) Indonesia (I do go to countries in the SE Asia region...)

4 blogs I visit daily
1) Kit-and-Althie's
2) Kenny Sia at kennysia.com. That bloke can really write!
3) Afdlin Shauki's blog
4) hmm sape lagi ye?

4 favourite foods
1) Mak's chicken rice!!
2) Tom Yam
3) Mak's laksa johor
4) Ayam berlada

4 places I'd rather be..
1) Home
2) Home
3) Home
4) Where the heart is..(apart from home la...)

4 albums I can't live without
1) Michael Buble's self-titled album
2) Kumpulan Vokal Berharmoni album (hehe...what can I say..)
3) Sudirman Dwidekad
4) Francesca Peters' Suara Rindu Fran

4 vehicles I've owned
1) Ermm...basikal
2) Basikal
3) Basikal
4) Kelisa (which is technically my sister's, but I share it with her)

4 taggees
Ermmm...
1) Peah
2) Yatt
3) Niesa
4) You!

1 comment:

Kit Pryde said...

good girl, you did the tag!!

hehehe. it's just GOTTA be meet me in st. louis, huh?

can't wait to see you la sweetie. now, when IS ur prettily pouting sister coming back?