Friday, March 24, 2006

*OUCH*

Went to a roller-skating rink for a friend's birthday today. Never skated before in my life, I have one of those moms who says 'no' to almost anything.


Now I know why.

It wasn't as easy as it looked. Spent most of the first half-hour clinging to the railing. After that, I could actually skate forwards, but the problem was I didn't know how to stop.

Fell down quite a few times. I think I set a new record for that place. Fell on my rear end a few times, once I even collided with another person. Another time I fell on my left leg, I felt something cracked. Probably I pulled a ligament or two.

I am SO gonna be sore tomorrow.

That experience was like a reality check for me. I liked to think that I'd be able to do anything, learn new skills easily. Although I'm sure I'd be able to do it if I practiced long enough, but the fact that I'm not a very fast learner is a very sobering thought.

Ah well, so I won't be able to make it for the cast of Starlight Express. I guess I'm just one of those people more suited to have both feet planted firmly on the ground.




No comments: