Saturday, October 08, 2005

Working weekend

I'm working this weekend (work, but no pay - the life of a medical student).



Yup, have to go to hospital for the 9-4 shift.



When you have to go in on Saturday and Sunday, you don't look forward to the weekend as you would do if you had both days off. Feels just like any other day.



And I tell you, it's NO fun.



People usually don't like Monday, coz that means the week has started and it's time to go to work after the weekend. Wednesday, well, that's when you feel that life is pushing you towards the edge of the cliff, but you console yourself that it's halfway through the week so things can only get better. Friday - everyone's favourite day (after Sat and Sun) because it's the last day before the weekend. Saturday + Sunday - favourite days of the week; the time you sit back and relax, doing whatever you want.

So when you have to work 7 days a week, there's nothing to look forward to! Every day is the same!

Suddenly realized the importance of weekends in keeping me sane. I want my personal time back!! (Please! Before I go crazy!!)

Well, actually this is my last working weekend for this rotation (ehehe saje jek melodramatic sikit tadi). Will be following the paramedics on the ambulance tomorrow...wheee!! (isyk...nampak benor ke'jakun'an ku yang tak pernah naik ambulance....neeenoooneenoo!)

Yup, I've gone mental. The day has finally arrived.

No comments: