Monday, April 11, 2005

I want them back!!!

Okay, when it comes to lending things, I consider myself as generous as any average person. Even more than that at times. There's only one thing that I ask : Return the item to the appropriate place, in the same condition as it was before.

When I first moved into my halls of accommodation, I told some of my flatmates (who are also my course mates) that they were welcomed to borrow any of my kitchen items. 8 months from that blessed day, I can tell you that they took the invitation to greater lengths that I ever thought possible.

During some days, I'd walk into the kitchen to see my pots and pans near the sink, used but unwashed.

Other days I'd find eggs totally gone. Once, I even bought 2 boxes of them (6 eggs each) so that they can have one box and the other one for my own usage. After I put them in the cupboard, I never saw them again. Actually, I did....the containers were still there without the contents.

A few days ago, I discovered that my knife went missing. Haven't found it since.

Generousity doesn't pay sometimes. Now I keep most of my cutleries in my room.

As for my pots and pans, I guess cleaning up after them is not so bad after all. Since they all are non-stick pans, I'd be REALLY annoyed if they scratched them while washing.

Feel like putting a note in my cabinet and kitchen drawer, so that the next time anyone opens them to find anything, they'd see the note, saying:

"Looking for something? Can't find it?? Annoyed? Good, that's how I feel!"


No comments: