Thursday, March 31, 2005

Baby Blues



On Tuesday, 22nd of March 2004, at precisely 1.53 a.m, Azureen Sofia bt. Onny Iriawan was born.

Now, more than one week later, it is evident that life is definitely not the same ever since she was born:

1) The house has adopted a 'No-noise' policy. Especially when the little miss is sleeping.
2) When she cries, everyone would drop whatever he/she was doing to rush to her aid
3) My parents have learned a new language : Baby talk
4) Everyone in the household call him/herself as how he/she would address him/herself to the baby: Abah calls himself 'Atuk', Mak calls herself 'Wan' - although she's still considering other options - I call myself 'Mak Ngah', a title that I've been averting for so long (I have loads of nieces & nephews, children of my cousins) and yet now I'm using it with such pride.
5) Everytime we go downstairs, regardless of our intended destination (e.g. the kitchen), we would stop by the baby's cot placed at the dining hall during the day. A few minutes are spent making weird faces and noises to the baby's and other people's amusement. The same applies if we were to go upstairs.
6) Phone conversations revolve around the baby. My mom would call me just to ask if she (Azureen) has eaten or not. No mention about the recipient of the call. (Once, I said over the phone: "Yes, I'm fine too!!" after my mom had disconnected the call).

For someone who's been around only for a short time, she sure rules the household. And she turned our lives upside down. But then, when I hold her in my arms and she gives that adorable little yawn, I thought of how empty life would be if she wasn't around. It's a different feeling...I love children, but knowing she's of my own blood makes me adore her more.

Our family has taken the first step towards completion. Wonder if I can persuade my sister for more additions to the family (hahahah!)

No comments: