Saturday, October 28, 2006

Dusting the cobwebs

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Berposing di pagi raya...

Yes, this blog has been neglected for quite sometime.

No, I've not been kidnapped by aliens and having my internal organs rearranged. Am very much alive and well. Thank you for wondering (or not).

It's not too late to wish Selamat Hari Raya! Hope your Eid was a good one. My last Eid away from home (insyaAllah), am looking forward to celebrating Raya in Malaysia once more with great expectations.

Final exams are looming over the horizon, 12 weeks to go! Even yours truly, who usually is a last-minute crammer is starting to feel the heat. Having exams is one thing, but the thought of being a full-fledged doctor by August positively terrifies me. It IS a welcome change, after being in med school for 5 years and 2 years IB before that. Most of my friends have started work ages ago. But I hate change. At the same time I look forward to it as well.

Another reason to be intimidated is because I'm planning to work Malaysia once I graduate. Having medically trained in English, my Bahasa Melayu comm skills is gonna stink big time. You might see me saying the following a lot:

Anxious relative : Bagaimana keadaan dia, doktor?

Me : (In my white coat, looking at clipboard). Keadaan dia stabil. Tapi dia perlu banyak berehat.

Or........

Anxious relative : Bagaimana keadaan dia, doktor?

Me : (coming out from the operation theatre, in my scrubs, slowly shaking my head at the patient). Kami telah cuba sedaya upaya. Bersabarlah, ini semua kehendak Tuhan.

Arrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!!

All the times I laughed so hard at those corny lines in Malay films/drama!! It's gonna come back to haunt me!

On a different topic altogether, for those who are on Friendster, have you noticed that it has turned into a site for new moms and dads to showcase their offsprings, and for married/engaged people to show others how happy they are?

Is it just me or did you notice it as well??

The ranks of single people of my age are thinning. Fast. How depressing is that? (Of course I'm happy for them, just saying that I'm not getting any younger. Gonna be over the hill before I even realize it).

That's life, I guess




13 comments:

Kit Pryde said...

selamat hari raya dear, maaf zahir batin!!!!

*hugs*

Hani Izhar said...

thank you!! selamat hari raya to you and family! *HUGS*

Hope you're doing fine...how's the pregnancy going?

Sue M. said...

hani, you're not alone! lately, i become quite ehem obsess with friendster. but in a good way la. thanx to the technology, terubat jugak la rindu nak tgk kawan2 lama! i noticed the transition of the status of my friends, dulu single, skarang dah double, triple! which means, very true, that we are getting older day by day! everybody is moving on dgn life masing2. raya ni, i was visited mostly by my married friends, bawak anak bawak hubby! terasa diri ini lacking of something! nak jadi "besar" mcm diorg jugak but at the same time i feel mcm xsesuai je "budak kecik" ni nak jadi "besar" mcm tu! so, when's ur time? jgn lupe jemput tau! hehe.

miss u too.

Sue M. said...

lawak corny lines tu! haha..

ehem ehem.

sue: saya sakit ape, doctor?
dr. hani: u jangan bimbang. kami akan cuba sedaya upaya merawat penyakit u ni.
sue: yela, saya sakit ape, doctor?
dr. hani: Keadaan u stabil. Tapi u perlu banyak berehat.
sue: yelaaaaa, saye sakit ape sebenanye ni?
dr. hani: Sebenarnye macam i dah ckp tadi, kami telah cuba sedaya upaya. Bersabarlah, ini semua kehendak Tuhan.
sue: *pengsan*

apekah kesudahan cerekarama ini? hehe. =p

p/s: selamat hari raya aidil "suhaina fitri"! =) maaf zahir dan batin!

Hani Izhar said...

sue - hahahahahha i like you version of cerekarama better!

how about this one?

Sue : Saya sakit ape, doctor?
Me : Keadaan u stabil. Tapi u perlu banyak berehat. NAH, AMIK BUKU M.C. NIH..TULIS BERAPA BANYAK HARI U NAK...

SELAMAT HARI RAYA!!!

Anonymous said...

nak menyampuk...
ermm..hani..

gambar ko yg kat atas tu kan..
aku tak cam laa muke ko yg mane satu..
penat2 aku usha..
lastly aku ckp..maybe yg pkai spec tu kot..ade le iras2 sket..he he..
or mmg takde muke ko kat situ?

Hani Izhar said...

semy : ade la aku kat dalam gamba tu. Tapi bukan yg pakai spec tu..walaupun kami seiras, kami bukanlah adik-beradik seibu sebapa. Hubungan kami hanyalah sekadar senior(akula tu)-junior merangkap kawan semata-mata.

Haa..kalo yg tu bukan aku..ada lagi dua lagi..so 50-50 chance...

p/s : Semy, ko sape eh? Sorila tak kenal disebalik nama itu...itu bukan nama dalam surat beranak kan?

redza minhat said...

u think patients can't speak english ke? truth is, most of them are far better a speaker than you.

for someone who studies abroad, your english is a bit below par - im starting to wonder you'll ever challenge tiger woods.

Hani Izhar said...

redza : if they do, I am seriously glad.

i'm merely expressing my anxiety about entering a system that's different to what I am used to here. You don't have to take it literally.

just out of curiousity, what IS the acceptable standard of english for an overseas graduate? I'd be much obliged if u'd enlighten me. Self-improvement, you see. Wouldn't want to shame my fellow overseas-grads.

Anonymous said...

hi hi hi..ni le kisahnye menyampuk tanpe sebab..
aku rase aju dah silap org kot..
i tot ko ni hani erm kawan kpd kawan aku..maybe ade another hani la kot..(obviously mmg ade!!)..hi hi hi
ekceli hani yg aku ingatkan tu penah dtg bandar aku lawat kawan dia tu..
h ihi hi..malu nye saye..
sowie yee...

aku kawan neesa n hani :D

Hani Izhar said...

semy : hehe takpe2...

mmg ada another hani..I know her as well. She's the real 'Hani', and since my 'Hani' is short for 'Azhani', I'm a bit of a fraud..hehe

neways, nice to 'meet' you :)

redza minhat said...

textbook english - is stiff and boring. i hope you are not.

Hani Izhar said...

redza : english textbook. Ah. Never cared to open one during my schooldays. Bored the brains out of me. I guess that explains why I never learned to construct proper sentences. I still am not sure what 'verb','pronoun', 'preposition' etc mean.

About being 'stiff and boring', to be honest, I am boring as hell to some people. But hey, one man's meat is another man's poison. I'm interesting enough for my own company.