Saturday, June 10, 2006

Weddings....

Wow.


That's all I can say.

There are SO many weddings!

Everyone I know got married/is getting married this year!

Is it something in the air? Something in the water?

There are nine so far....I suppose I can expect more.

Don't get me wrong, I adore weddings, and I'm glad that everyone who's getting married is doing so...I wish them all the happiness in the world.

Just astounded by the sheer number, I guess. I'm also painfully reminded of my age...well, 23 (ok ok..24 this year) is not old, but that's about the time pressure sets in, isn't it?

Ok...it's scary.

Being grown-up doesn't seem like a good idea at the moment.

Better be prepared to dodge nosy questions from nosy makciks this summer hols....

2 comments:

Kit Pryde said...

was my wedding one of them? *grin*

anyway, when i was 24 i wasn't even thinking abt getting married!!

my aunts only started asking when i hit 27. so if you're lucky, your nosy aunts will wait then too.

*hugs*

or you can always tease them by whispering that you're a secret lesbian. i know it shut one of my distant aunts up. and since i "supposedly" told her in secret, she couldn't tell my mom la kan?

boy, was she glad when i married althie. hahahahah.

Hani Izhar said...

hehe..of course yours is one of them! I counted you first! ;)

too late, nosy aunts have started asking. And I can't do the don't-tell-my-mom-I-told-you thing. In my family, no news gets around quicker than secrets..hehe. If I told anyone I was a lesbian, silap2 haribulan they put some jampi thing into my food, and since I'm not really a lesbian, who knows what'll happen?

glad you're enjoying married life! we HAVE to meet when I come back in August! *HUGS*

send my regards to your other half ;)