Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Watching the world go by....

Hari ini adalah hari saya menyibukkan diri baca pasal update orang lain di laman Friendster dan Facebook. This is what I discovered:

2 friends got engaged
2 *possibly* engaged to each other (if my deductions are correct)
1 friend is expecting a baby
1 friend had a miscarriage
Quite a few have moved to other countries, looking for green (doesn't have to be greener) pastures

Being here in Kuala Pilah, I sometimes feel that I'm stuck in another world. Barely having time to read newspapers (honestly, kalau bom meletup pun mesti x perasan - unless there are patients admitted to Hosp. K. Pilah) I'm 'cut off from civilization', so to speak.

Reading about my friends make me feel as if time is passing by quickly; and I'm just a bystander watching from the sidelines.

Strange feeling, I can tell you.

Makes one feel left out, somehow.

No, it doesn't mean that I want to go in the same direction as they are going, it just feels like life's happening to them, and mine's just......static.

I need some excitement, quick. Somebody get me a ticket to an exotic vacation somewhere.

Damn..all this idleness is not helping.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being "stuck in another world" is not half as bad as you think. In fact I envy those who are removed from all the madness that's going on right now. The news both on tv and print only show examples of a dysfunctional society and horrific nightmarish going-ons in certain parts of the world.

Make pretend you're a self-searching monk who tries to run from all that. Just don't act like like a Buddhist priest when with your peers.

By the way, just commenting randomly. Google Alert alerts me the moment my name and any key word I want is written. It just happened that half your name is mine.

Cheers.

Unknown said...

:-) sometimes - is not the seaching that brings us happiness. Sometimes what we need is ...to be!

IDHAM

Zal said...

Salam Hani. This is Zalina Zamri :). Would like to know about Puteri Alumni. Heard that u are initiating something. Can you keep me updated on that? My email is luv_lula@yahooo.com

Anonymous said...

hi pet...
how are you dearest? kuala pilah sounds great..hyuk hyuk! anyway just want you to know i so feel you..you know the whole bit being cut off from civilization.

the scary bit is sometimes i don't think it's the geographical factor that's causing it though.. i think the whole life as a medic "woohoo let's go save the world by putting in veflons, doing ABGs, let's fight with radiology, referrals from dept A-Z" plays a huge role somewhere. well at least for me it does

some wise person (or wise-crack i might say) dared to hint to me the other day, it's all bout balance, learn how to prioritise bla bla bla...hmm my response to that is erm that's good and all but jeeze louise how in the world do u balance something when u're trying to JUGGLE the medic bit most of time!!! go figure.. anyway enough psychobabbling.. lovely to know you're doing well!! hehehehe

anyway take care dearest!!

PS: just to compare notes, i have learnt from friendster today:

1. 4 friends have married
2. 3 friends are engaged, not to each other.
3. 3 have babies, 1 of them i only recently learned had a baby before she got married (scandalous!!)
4. 1 got divorced
5. 1 sexuality is questionable (no kidding)

it beats OC aor gossip girl, this friendster thing... go figure!!

ta now!

arianne

Awis said...

Teruks sgt ke Kuala Pilah? isk3..