Thursday, April 12, 2007

Back again

First entry in London after almost 8 weeks in Malaysia.

Had a very good flight. When Abah bought the ticket I was allocated a window seat. I hate window seats. Managed to change it to an aisle seat when I checked in at the airport. When I went to the gate to enter the waiting lounge the guy told me my seat was changed. He wrote '17A'.

Window seat again. Just my luck. I was about to protest, then I saw him writing 'UPGD GCCL' (i.e. upgrade to Golden Club Class).

Oh. OH...

Hehe. Naib baik tak sempat cakap pape, silap2 dia tukar balik.

So yeah, I got an upgrade!! My 3rd time these last 5 years. Someone up there likes me! (Rezeki..alhamdulillah...)

But this time around, I don't know why, tetiba rasa macam jakun pulak. I sat beside a Chinese lady. She seemed so at ease, as if she flew Business Class all the time (won't be surprised if she did). Felt a bit clumsy sitting beside her, especially during mealtimes. There she was beside me, sitting with her back straight, eating nasi lemak with such timing it looked like a dance from the corner of my eye (well I couldn't blatantly stare at her, kan?). Me? Well, at first my head got confused by the different types of knives and forks they gave. Then I mentally cursed when I had difficulties handling the prawns (they did peel the prawns save the end bit..that was where I had the problem). When they gave soft rolls I was unsure how to eat them (should I cut into half then spread the butter? Or should I not bother and eat whatever way I want?). I was worried that if I didn't meet the standards of a Business Class passenger, they'd banish me to the Economy Class where I belonged.

Sounds ridiculous, huh? My exact thoughts. And yet I actually felt like an awkward schoolgirl. Strangest feeling for a 24 year-old.

So well, here I'm back again in London, nasib baik tak jet-lagged. I slept 3 hours the night before flying, and then slept on the plane using UK timing. Didn't actually plan it, it just happened that way - and it worked!

Did a bit of grocery shopping today and spring-cleaned my room a bit. It was really dusty! And I hate wall-to-wall carpeting. With a passion. What's left to do is to sit down and do my elective report. Starting my SSM (Selected Study Module) on Monday, I'll be doing Paediatric and Perinatal Pathology for 1 month.

Apart from Azlin, all the other Malaysians are still at home and won't come back for another month.

Gonna be a bit lonesome I think, but I've got 120Gb's worth of anime to watch! So it's not so bad.

If you read my previous entries, you'd notice that I was a bit down. I'm quite ok now, I think I went through a period of PMS or something. Seriously, I never had PMS before 6 months ago, didn't even believe in it, but I can tell you now, it's real. During those times my mood swings got so terrible, I started thinking and feeling and saying things that was out of character.

Either it's PMS, or I'm going crazy. I'd prefer the former.

Missing Azureen already. Abang Onny sms-ed me and said she asked "Mana Mak Ngah? Een nak Mak Ngah, Abah.."

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Uhuhu..

Takpe, only 3 months to go. And then I'll be back for good, insyaAllah.


2 comments:

Dr. Aneesa said...

not fair!
i NEVER get an upgrade.
life is cruel

Hani Izhar said...

erm...err...

ehehe.

well, what can i say?