Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Update

It's been quite sometime since I wrote a proper entry in my blog. Partly because I've been lazy, mostly because I've been so busy.

Started Neurology module at Oldchurch Hospital. It takes approx. 1 hour to travel from my place. Have to take the tube, then the train, then a bus. It's been only 1 week, but travelling kinda wears me out. And I usually have to be in by 9 am (thus I have to get up at 7 latest to get ready) and arrive back at Floyer House usually abt 6.30 pm. The timetable's really packed, we hardly have time to clerk and examine patients. Have to do a minimum of 2 per week, even that is quite a challenge.

But having said that, I have to admit I asked for it. I applied for Oldchurch Hospital because my seniors said they have excellent teaching. And they do. If only we have more time to do things....

I've crossed out Neurology as a career option. I do like Neuro, but I can't see myself doing it for the rest of my life. Sat in during clinics today, and SO many patients come in with headaches and fatigue and pins and needles yada yada yada. Some of the complaints can be psychological. And consultation of each patient takes SO LONG! Don't think I have the energy to cope with that.

I think I'll stick to Obs and Gynae. Things are more structured and less complicated. You are either pregnant or you're not. You are either incontinent or you're not. Not so much grey area there.

So yeah, now I'm in my 2nd week of Neurology out of a total of 4 weeks. Next rotation will be Psychiatry, the branch of medicine I've struck off as a career option a long time ago. Can't listen to people talk for a long time, you see. I get restless...or even worse, I fall asleep! Nevertheless, I'm sure it'll be interesting an interesting 6-week rotation.

We'll see........


***************************
(this entry is for Kit)

Kit! I'm really sorry that I'll be missing your wedding. Wish I could be there, I always thought I'd be part of it too....

Apapepun, I wish you all the happiness in the world! Although I won't physically be at your wedding, please know that you have all my love and best wishes on that day!!

Tell Althie he better treat you right. Or he'd have to face me (and Amy too!). I'm sure he will, though ;)

Lots of hugs and kisses!


2 comments:

Kit Pryde said...

*sigh*

still wish you girls would be here. i miss you both so much.

i'll pass the message to althie. hehehe. but i think i'm in good hands.

come home and be my doctor, tau. i already told althie and he agreed.

you think amy's mad at me? we didn't meet up before she left for aussie like she said and she hasn't answered my mail.

*sigh*

Hani Izhar said...

nah..i don't think she's mad at you. probably she's busy or sth...i haven't been in touch with her since she got back to aussie!! sibuk sangat agaknye